Here’s how to check your child for head lice by wet combing:
- Wash your child’s hair with her regular shampoo, then apply plenty of conditioner and leave it in.
- Comb her hair thoroughly with a wide-toothed comb to remove any tangles
- Use the detection comb from the roots of your child’s hair to the tips. Keep the comb in contact with her scalp as much as possible.
- After each stroke with the comb, check it for nits and lice. A magnifying glass may help with this. If you notice any nits or lice, wipe or rinse the comb.
- Continue combing your child’s hair in sections until you’ve covered the whole head, then rinse out the conditioner.
- If in doubt, repeat the process to check for any lice you may have missed